KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) -- How President Barack Obama spent Day 11 of his holiday vacation in Hawaii on Tuesday:
- GYM: After a late dinner outing the night before, the president woke up early for a one-hour morning workout at Marine Corps Base Hawaii. As his motorcade passed in front of the base's gate on the way in, two middle-aged spectators were doing aerobics in the driveway.
- SNORKELING: Obama and his family went to Hanauma Bay, a popular snorkeling area closed to the public on Tuesdays. As they arrived, about two dozen onlookers gathered along a highway turnoff to take pictures.
- PROCLAMATIONS: White House officials said Obama signed three presidential proclamations Tuesday, for National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, National Stalking Awareness Month, and National Mentoring Month.
- SHAVE ICE: In the afternoon, Obama went with his daughters to a local Kailua shop for shave ice. The president ordered cherry and lemon-lime flavors for his dessert, then shook hands with some of about two dozen people crowded in a roped-off area outside a nearby pizzeria in the tiny strip mall near the beach.
"I hope you guys have a great 2014," Obama told the crowd. As he left, he flashed a shaka gesture.
- LOW-KEY NEW YEAR'S EVE: The president and his family planned to stay in at their Kailua vacation home to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends, the White House said.
Ashley Judd gets nasty during anti-Trump women's march in Washington, D.C.