OKLAHOMA - According to News 6 more than 100 residents do not have power or heat tonight January 10, 2016 after a fire broke out at a Tulsa apartment complex near 61st and Peoria Street.
Fire victim and building resident Michelle Dobyne found humor in the situation:
"Aw, man, the building is on fire,” Dobyne said. “I said ‘no, what?’ I got my three kids and we bounced out. Nuh-uh, we ain't gon be in no fire. Not today."
According to Casa Linda Apartment's property manager David Bryan cheerfulness is pretty typical of his residents. "They're already all taking care of each other, so,” The building will not have power or heat for several days so the local Red Cross has opened a shelter at the Southern Hills Baptist Church.
The property manager said there will be armed security guards on the property until the power comes back on.