posted at 12:31 pm about October 13, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
The Pittsburgh Steelers return to action now following a much-needed bye week, inside that head coach Mike Tomlin banned games within the facilities of the 0-4 team till they win a game. They return found on the road to play the 3-2 NY Jets, that are undefeated at house. Can they finally break out plus receive their initial win? Surprisingly, the line has the Jets just with a point, thus I’ll take the upset plus choose the Steelers inside a 20-14 win. Jazz Shaw can definitely feel differently, however, I won’t be house for this 1 (family obligations), thus I’ll learn how we’re doing by following Jazz’ Twitter feed. If it gets ugly for the Steelers, I’m very certain my timeline usually commence filling up with Jazz’ taunts … plus maybe a limited of the own, too.
Last week, I went 4-3, that nevertheless leaves me beneath .500 at 15-18. Let’s see whether I may create up more ground this week (all occasions Eastern):
- Packers at Ravens (1 pm, Fox) – The Pack hasn’t claimed found on the road as well as the Ravens haven’t lost at house, however the line has the Packers by 3. On paper, Green Bay has a better team, with its passing plus rushing offense plus rushing protection inside the best 5, yet a suspect secondary. Because you want certain Baltimore losses to receive the Great Steeler Comeback inside motion, I’ll take Green Bay at 27-21, however, I’m very doubtful about this choice.
- Panthers at Vikings (1 pm, Fox) – I’m just bothering to choose this game considering I reside here. Adrian Peterson will play today despite his individual tragedy*, plus AP offers the Panthers’ 7th-ranked rushing protection a big test. Because the Vikes may give the ball to Matt Cassel instead of Christian Ponder, I’ll go with all the Vikes at house, 24-14.
- Saints at Patriots (4:25 pm, Fox) – The Saints are 1 of 3 undefeated groups playing this week, however, truly the only 1 in danger of losing their initially game. (Denver hosts the winless Jaguars, plus Kansas City hosts 2-3 Oakland.) New Orleans is coming off 3 sturdy wins inside a row, as well as the Patriots look average than their 4-1 record. New England is favored by 3, yet I think the Saints extend their streak with a 33-28 win found on the road.
- Titans at Seahawks (4 pm, CBS) - This ought to be a greater game than the line indicates (Seattle +14), yet the Seahawks could win at house irrespective. Seahawks 31-24 over Titans.
- Barrycaders at Cowboys (8:30 pm, NBC) – Washington is within the center of shutdown, plus then there’s which entire mess with Congress, too. Maybe the shutdown could sideline the Barrycaders, that are off to a 1-3 begin, plus have to take on a Dallas team which fairly almost surprised Peyton Manning as well as the Broncos last week. Dallas is 2-3, nevertheless they’re 2-1 at house with all the Broncos their just reduction inside Big D. RGIII would have a shot up against the worst-ranked passing protection inside the league, nevertheless Washington’s road win against Oakland last week won’t function as the begin of the streak. Cowboys over the Barrycaders (really like inside Washington!), 35-27.
- Colts at Chargers (MNF 8:30 pm, ESPN) – ESPN lists the line because SD+3, nevertheless the Colts are 2-0 found on the road as well as the Chargers are just 1-1 at house. Indy’s beat both the 49ers found on the road plus Seattle at house, when San Diego hasn’t even played a team that’s at .500 or above today. Colts over the Chargers inside a close 27-24 win, perhaps inside OT.
* – Sadly, Adrian Peterson’s son died this week, allegedly the victim of the bodily attack by his mother’s boyfriend. The two-year-old child, his parents, plus all their family plus neighbors is inside the prayers.
Breaking about Hot Air