Conservatives Are Winning, Simply Not inside Washington

October 18, 2013 0 Comments

A content from Matt A. Mayer, COO for The Liberty Foundation of America (www.libertyfound.org) plus CEO of Opportunity Ohio (www.opportunityohio.org).

Over the last some weeks, the focus of the media plus of countless Americans was found on the Washington fight over Obamacare, the federal budget, as well as the nationwide debt ceiling. The storyline is the fact that conservatives overreached provided they just control the Home of Representatives plus lost, therefore undermining their possibilities of choosing up seats inside the 2014 elections.

Everyone must take a breathing, because too frequently what occurs inside Washington forces the nationwide narrative despite what exactly is happening inside the rest of America. The fact is conservatives are winning outside of Washington plus, inside thus doing, are saving taxpayers over half a trillion $.

Think regarding where you truly are for merely a time. The fight which really ended inside Washington just occurred considering conservatives have succeeded tremendously inside the states. Don’t think for a time which conservatives inside Washington might have installed the fight they did without the main victories which happened inside state following state over the last year.

We should place the last 3 weeks into right context.

First, simultaneously which President Barack Obama was reelected, conservatives took control of more governor offices plus state legislatures than at any amount of time in contemporary history. There are now 25 center-right governors stretching from Arizona to Maine. Additionally, conservatives today control 27 center-right state legislatures completely plus split energy inside five additional states.

Because of which energy, 27 states – a most – refused the Obamacare medical exchanges, forcing President Obama to MacGyver the federal medical exchange. The $360 million federal exchange (over twice what Apple invested to develop the iPhone) is saddled with IT glitches plus some actual persons that have effectively acquired wellness insurance. This story may just receive worse for the Left, because their registration projections are missed.

An even bigger story is the fact that, for the first-time inside history, a most of states have turned down “free” federal cash. Especially, 26 states have therefore far opted to not expand Medicaid to 138 % of the federal poverty rate inside exchange for federal funding at 100 % for the initial 3 years plus 90 % thereafter. These smart states recognize all too perfectly which their 10 % share is 10 % of the big unknown amount which might force those to raise taxes or defund additional state priorities. These states moreover learn the odds which the federal government may meet its dedication found on the 90 % grow slimmer because entitlement spending swallows more plus more of the federal budget every passing year.

This rejection of federal cash signifies which those 26 states usually conserve Americans over $539 billion inside federal deficit spending over the upcoming 10 years. Unlike the deal merely cut inside Washington, nixing half a trillion $ inside new entitlement spending from the nationwide debt is a main victory for fiscal responsibility. In all likelihood, the savings is a lot bigger considering, because Matt Salo, the Executive Director of the National Association of State Medicaid Directors, noted inside testimony: “More persons show up than we think usually show up, as well as the individuals that show up are sicker than we expected.”

The fight inside the states isn’t over, because many states stay inside play.

Specifically, considering he has failed to persuade traditional legislators to follow his expansionist plans, Ohio Governor John Kasich is striving to circumvent the Ohio legislature by pushing Medicaid expansion by by an Executive Order plus getting a constitutionally suspect skinny most from Ohio’s Controlling Board to approve the popularity of the federal funds. In Pennsylvania, Governor Tom Corbett reversed course plus is today pushing a private “Arkansas Plan” for growing Medicaid. In Virginia plus New Hampshire, Medicaid profits makes recommendations over the upcoming limited months.

In these plus different states, numerous state-based groups, including The Liberty Foundation of America, have been fighting inside the trenches to ensure traditional governors plus state legislatures result in the proper choice for taxpayers as well as for vulnerable populations. The last thing America must do is expand a system which costs too much, receive mediocre results for active recipients, plus is riddled with waste, scam, plus misuse.

We’ve completed reports inside 9 largely battleground states of thousands of residents. Those reports unequivocally show which Republican plus independent voters oppose Medicaid expansion. Those reports additionally show which present Medicaid recipients are liberal-progressive voters, thus growing it probably can cause more liberal-progressive voters inside key states. The Left knows what is at stake here.

Americans need greater plus when states are freed to apply medical programs which they deem right for their people, these laboratories of competition usually heighten access to affordable care at a cost taxpayers could bear. The fight for flexibility, that you are winning, should plus usually go about.






Also in News

VIDEO: CNN caught on camera joking about Trump's plane crashing
VIDEO: CNN caught on camera joking about Trump's plane crashing

December 02, 2016 0 Comments

CNN was forced to issue an apology to President-elect Donald Trump after video surfaced of a network employee joking about Trump's plane crashing.

Continue Reading →

RECORDING: Fight erupts between Trump and Clinton aides (AUDIO)
RECORDING: Fight erupts between Trump and Clinton aides (AUDIO)

December 02, 2016 0 Comments

Top aides from both sides were invited to speak at a post-election forum hosted by Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. 

Continue Reading →

VIDEO: Luke Bryan Punches Man During Nashville Concert
VIDEO: Luke Bryan Punches Man During Nashville Concert

December 02, 2016 0 Comments

Video footage from the concert shows the unidentified man giving Luke Bryan the middle finger before the altercation.

Continue Reading →