posted at 12:31 pm about October 27, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
The Pittsburgh Steelers have a genuine streak going today, whipping the Baltimore Ravens 19-16 last week to post their 2nd straight victory following beginning the season with a four-game losing streak. They travel to Oakland now, a team with an identical 2-4 record which has its own issues. They’re last inside the league inside passing, plus their passing protection is just middling. They beat San Diego 2 weeks ago plus Jacksonville inside week 2, however, have generally been competitive even inside their losses. Pittsburgh must step up their run game plus their run protection. Brett Keisel may return this week, thus anticipate to find an improving Pittsburgh beat Oakland, 24-20.
Last week, I finally had a good slate of forecasts, completing 5-2 to move my season record above .500 for the first-time to 24-23. Can I extend my streak? Let’s see (all instances ET):
- Cowboys at Lions (1 pm, Fox) - Dallas has conducted impressively the last couple of weeks, nevertheless their just road victory came at the cost of the hapless Eagles. Detroit has synonymous strengths plus weaknesses, nevertheless they’re playing at house, plus which makes the difference now. Detroit over Dallas, 31-28.
- Browns at Chiefs (1 pm, CBS) – Kansas City is the last unbeaten team inside the league, because of the surprising reduction by Denver at Indianapolis last week. The Browns are improving, nevertheless, er … not which much, plus not found on the road. Chiefs go to 8-0 with a 33-21 win at house.
- Dolphins at Patriots (1 pm, CBS) – It’s a game which has implications for the AFC East, nevertheless truly just when Miami may beat New England. The Jets might love to find the Pats lose, being merely 1 game behind them, nevertheless despite the reality the Patriots absolutely aren’t excelling in almost any 1 location this year, they will place it all together perfectly enough to keep winning, specifically at house. Pats over Fins, 28-20.
- Barrycaders at Broncos (4:25 pm, Fox) – I kid, I kid, however the Redskins won’t be laughing whenever the Broncos receive a chance to rebound from last week’s upset at house. Washington has a high-powered offense, however, Peyton Manning can shred their 22nd-rated pass protection plus Denver may exploit their 29th-ranked rushing protection to provide Peyton many play-action sets. Expect a high-scoring game, with Denver winning 52-42. Don’t leave the TV set except at the commercial breaks.
- Packers at Vikings (8:30 pm, NBC) – Is it value hearing to Bob Costas’ pontifications to observe this? The Vikings’ MNF performance was thus bad it prepared the NY Giants look ruling. The Vikes usually rally for a Packers game, yet that’ll last till the initially three-and-out. Green Bay over Minnesota, 33-13.
- Seahawks at Rams (MNF, 8:30 pm, ESPN) – The line has Seattle by 13, yet the Rams aren’t precisely doormats, plus they’re playing at house. On the alternative hand, should you look past their 25th-ranked passing offense, the rest of their game is Top 5 inside the league. Seattle beat Arizona found on the road last week 34-22, plus I’ll call the same cause today’s game with all the same score.
Breaking about Hot Air